Welcome to my webpage!
I am currently a machine learning engineer at Fomoro AI.
I received my M.Sc. in computer science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst in the CS department. I did my undergraduate studies in computer science and mathematics, also at UMass. The focus of my studies / research was on machine learning and theoretical / computational neuroscience, and how they are related. I also studied computational complexity, statistics, causality, dynamical systems, and information theory.
During my masters studies, I was a research assistant in the BINDS lab, where we focused on developing spiking neural networks (SNNs) for machine learning. I was involved in constructing and training SNNs to do image classification, transferring trained artificial neural networks to SNNs while maintaining performance, and building a Python library for (GPU-enabled) SNN prototyping and simulation.
- I have a miniature Australian shepherd named Quinn.
- I have an Erdös number of 2 (path: Paul Erdös -> Miklós Ruszinkó -> Daniel Saunders).
- I played snare drum in the UMass marching band from 2012 - 2015.
- (1/7/19) I started as a ML Engineer at Fomoro AI.
- (12/17/18) I finished the requirements for my masters degree program!
- (11/13/18) Our paper (link) on our spiking neural networks simulation software, BindsNET, was accepted to Frontiers in Neuroinformatics.
- (9/17/18) I’ll be attending the PyTorch Developer Conference in San Francisco on October 2nd to present a poster on BindsNET.
- (6/6/18) We’ve released a pre-print on our spiking neural networks simulation software!
- (5/21/18) I’m interning at HealthcareSource as a data analysis intern for the summer.
- (3/15/18) Two conference papers accepted to IJCNN 2018!