Welcome to my webpage!
I’m a second-year M.S. student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst in the CS department. I did my undergraduate studies in computer science and mathematics, also at UMass. I’m interested in machine / deep learning and theoretical / computational neuroscience, and how they might inform each other. I also like learning about computational complexity, statistics, causality, dynamical systems, and information theory. I like writing code in Python.
I’m a research assistant in the BINDS lab, where we’re focused on using spiking neural networks (SNNs) for machine learning. I’m involved in constructing and training SNNs to do image classification, and building a Python library for (GPU-enabled) rapid SNN prototyping and simulation.
- I have a miniature Australian shepherd named Quinn.
- I have an Erdös number of 2 (path: Paul Erdös -> Miklós Ruszinkó -> Daniel Saunders).
- I played snare drum in the UMass marching band from 2012 - 2015.
- (9/17/18) I’ll be attending the PyTorch Developer Conference in San Francisco on October 2nd to present a poster on BindsNET.
- (6/6/18) We’ve released a pre-print on our spiking neural networks simulation software!
- (5/21/18) I’m interning at HealthcareSource as a data analysis intern for the summer.
- (3/15/18) Two conference papers accepted to IJCNN 2018!